The Community Land Group was established in June 2014, and its aims build on those of the DCS. The CLG aims are:
- To manage and develop the community land for health and wellbeing through recreation, food production and community events.
- To engage with the local community and users of the land to seek views on the development of the land.
- To manage maintenance and improvement projects with the land and direct volunteer groups.
- To stimulate public interest in and care for the Community Land
- To promote access to and understanding of the environment, both natural and man-made, of the Community Land